Aquarium Village

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Hello Again,

I want to thank everyone for their support, concern and words of encouragement through our criminal event last week. I want everyone to know that we are back and better than ever. Thanks to the hard work and dedication of my incredibly knowledgeable staff, Rocco, Jesse and Andy, along with the rest of the people who worked on the rebuild and improvements, we are up and running. We have split the salt water fish section into three separate systems which allows us flexibility in supporting many quality fish in a more natural environment.
We sold a lot of fish this weekend and the tanks are at about 50% capacity with amazing fish still available. We will be getting in a variety of new fish this week. Sadly, none of the fish from the incident survived, so you can buy with confidence and hopefully, with reckless abandon. I have 10 days to make up for.
The coral tanks are packed and we have a lot of great new corals in stock with many more to come this week. Andy and I are looking forward to creating some specials for all of your members.
My goal is that the new back room, which is 90% complete, will be done by the end of the week. We are also putting all new lighting over the salt water fish tanks. We will be adding tons of pond equipment and plenty of koi and other fish, plants, food and supplies, when the back room is complete. There are many other changes and improvements in the works.
I also want to thank Steve from Long Island Aquatics for all of his help, knowledge and support. Without him this would have been an even more difficult task.
My staff and I look forward to seeing all of you in the coming week and don?t forget to look for the specials that will be out in the next couple of days. Just as a teaser, we have many heads of Aussie Dendrophyllia, firecracker coral. We will be offering these at amazing prices.
Through all of this I have remained positive and focused. However, I would be remiss if I did not state that I believe it is a sick person or persons that would kill so many beautiful fish. Many different precautions are being taken to avoid this from happening in the future, including the addition of more cameras as well as doors over the fish tanks.

Thank you again, Rich

Attachments

• Fire coral 4-1-12.jpg
    Fire coral 4-1-12.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 1,047
  • fire-ice zoo.jpg
    fire-ice zoo.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 1,013

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
Was out there on Friday and that back area is starting to come out nice... saw lots of koi... and the coral tanks are packed up with frags...

nice to see you guys bouncing back from that horrible situation.

james1990

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Being completely new to the hobby, I went into Aquarium Village because is was the closest LFS to me. Thank god I did. I could have easy been taken for a sucker not knowing anything about the hobby but Rich, Rocco, Andy, Steve, Ant, and the whole staff down at AV shared their excitement with me and totally guided me in the right direction. Its one thing to sell products, but these guys listened to what I had to say and recommended a perfect 10gal nano set up for me giving me step by step instructions the whole way! With the help of these guys, within a few days I was on all the reef forums and found myself enjoying every moment. I stop into AV almost weekly and its mostly due to the enjoyable relaxed family style environment set up by the staff there. The awesome frags and fish are a nice bonus! By far the cleanest and organized FS I have ever been too.

Tykhe

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I don't know about everyone else but I don't have a completely positive relationship with Aquarium Village. Going by all their positive feedback on Manhattan Reefs, I tried doing business with them several times but got burned multiple times. First time around a year ago I tried ordering RODI filter with them and they told me they would be happy to order it. I check back on a weekly basis and each time they told me it was delayed. About a month and half after the order was placed, I was getting fed up and would have bought one at a different location if not for the fact that manhattan reefs gave them such a good review so I thought I would give them the benefit of the doubt. Two months after my order was placed, I went to check back again and they told me my filter had come in but they had sold it to someone else!!!!!! I had check back every week for it! And they couldn't even hold it for me for a day or two!!!

I went to Fishtown afterwards and despite the bad rep they have here, Fishtown ordered the filter in for me and it arrived within a week. They even helped me set it up!

Recently, I was looking to upgrade my tank and once again tried AV because I figured since my family is chinese we'll give a chinese owned store some business. They treated me pretty rudely when I asked for a custom tank telling me that it was "very expensive" and "could cost nearly 3,000 dollars!" Argh!!! It's so presumptuous that I couldn't afford that kind of tank! So after correcting them and letting them know I was prepared to spend that kind of money, they were eager to help me draw up designs. They told me they just needed to check with their boss who would give me a call the next day.

No call came. Nothing! They could have at least called to let me know why they couldn't build the tank I wanted!

After waiting for weeks, I went to Fishtown and they helped me pick out a custom tank. They even came to my house and set it up, rocks, equipment and all. I spent 7,000 dollars on that tank. I know people say that Fishtown is expensive but I don't really care. I make that kind of money, I just want a store that treats me with respect and concern. I think from now on my business will go to Fishtown. They may have a bad rep and their fish are shoddy but at least they care!

Shalco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
171   0   0
Tykhe, did you go to the same aquarium village that everyone else goes to? Since rich took over the store has been incredible, and it keeps getting better every time I go back. The staff is very knowledgeable and extremely friendly and helpful. I truly believe they would not sell me a fish or coral they wouldn't put in their own tanks at home.

You can go to fish town all you want, I've found the staff to be rude at times, the quality
Of their fish and corals to be questionable at times, and some (not all) of their products to be over priced.

I'll leave you with one last thing, fish town charges $6 to test your water, AV does it for free, like good customer service should be.

Thanks rich and the AV staff for making the store great

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
The store is under new ownership.
The old owner Ray is no longer there and although he was a very nice guy. I dont think he was the greatest business man.
Stop in again. The guys there are top notch.

strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
Tykhe,

The store is under COMPLETELY different ownership and is not even close to the store you felt with. Give them a chance, I think you'll be very surprised. Just wanted to make you aware of this fact. Sorry you wasted all that time typing.

JBL

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I have been there several times since the new ownership and it has been an absolute PLEASURE every time! No pressure, very knowlegable. I even threw some trick questions at them for some tests, and they passed every time. The coral is excellent and a very LARGE open selection. Fantastic place!

FlyTekk

KISS KeepItSimpleStupid
Rating - 98.6%
139   2   0
I met rich a few months ago when he just took over and was very nice. The store was very nice. I told rich i would return to buy i DB rimless from him and i still will. While i may have said March back then, my real closing date is June 1st and i will be ordering tank from him for sure around that time. Great guy great store.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: