JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
garys reef said:
come on and build this thing i want some pics you are gonna love the leds

LOL sorry Gary I have to contend with the pups so I can only do the build in the apartment while they're either outside without me playing or asleep!! hehe

Here's what I got done so far. I needed to order more of the thermal epoxy so I'm done until that comes- 5 minute workin time my big, hairy butt!!! lol:

Hood stripped down
_DSC0105-1.jpg

All of the old lighting components
_DSC0102-1.jpg

The heat sink drilled to install
_DSC0106-2.jpg

Half the LED's placed and attached, will do the other half when the epoxy I ordered arrives

_DSC0108-2.jpg

_DSC0109-1.jpg

The strip is off centered- the back row will be offset the other way for even coverage.
I stuck with the stock layout
RSM250_layout__25737_zoom.jpg

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Thermal adhesive came today. Got the rest of the LED's placed and attached. I'm going to let them cure overnight and wire them all up and finish the install tomorow morning. The rest will go quickly because I dont have to wire the drivers into relays in the hood or anything since I won't be using the RSM timer for them, just for the moonlights:

_DSC0177-1.jpg

_DSC0178.jpg

I got the spacing as dead on as I could with my crooked eye lol.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
So here are the LED's on the heat sink all wired except for the termination and starting wires(will be here in a day or 2). After that I just have to install the dimmers in the hood, put plugs on the drivers and reassemble the hood and I'll be done with it:

_DSC0189-1.jpg

_DSC0190-1.jpg

_DSC0191-1.jpg

_DSC0192-1.jpg

_DSC0193-1.jpg

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Tagging along Jimmy! Looks good so far.:) I ordered Wingo's Cree Brick LEDs, not inclined to putting things together.lol Especially when Wingo has such a great deal with his.;) I also got a DIY from another member for my 20 gallon. Not as pretty has Wingo's, but they are working really nice. Now I've got to build a canopy to hide it.
Got to say, I LOVE the way the nems, Tyree Neon Green toadstool, and the few zoas in the little tank look!!! Even hubby loved them, so much that he agreed to spend the $$ for the LEDs for the 155 Bow Front.:)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: