JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Tagging along Jimmy! Looks good so far.:) I ordered Wingo's Cree Brick LEDs, not inclined to putting things together.lol Especially when Wingo has such a great deal with his.;) I also got a DIY from another member for my 20 gallon. Not as pretty has Wingo's, but they are working really nice. Now I've got to build a canopy to hide it.
Got to say, I LOVE the way the nems, Tyree Neon Green toadstool, and the few zoas in the little tank look!!! Even hubby loved them, so much that he agreed to spend the $$ for the LEDs for the 155 Bow Front.:)

Thanks Awilda. I'm really lookin forward to seeing the new lights on the RSM

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Martin from Modular e mailed me- the connectors will be here tomorrow by 10:30 am.

For Gary and Gary only-

They sent me an email - they sent the connectors and will be here tomorrow by 10:30 am........Hooked on phonics got lost in Garys mail!!! LOL

Last edited:

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Ok so here are the pictures of the rest of the build and the finished product:

Here's with everything wired up, except for the two orange wires you see hanging. Those get plugged into the dimmers that are on the other half of the hood and were attached during final hood re assembly
_DSC0223.jpg

_DSC0224.jpg

The way it looked from the other side before joining the hood halves again
_DSC0202.jpg

The dimmers mounted to the top half of hood

_DSC0218.jpg

The potentiometer posts sticking through the hood near the stock timer

_DSC0219.jpg

With the knobs on the posts

_DSC0220.jpg

Once I had the lights all done tested them in my bathroom

At their dimmest
_DSC0227-2.jpg

At their brightest

_DSC0226-2.jpg

What the finished product looks like

_DSC0230.jpg

_DSC0231.jpg

_DSC0232.jpg

FTS under actinics, they are at their lowest setting. I'll post more pics each step of the way as they get ramped up

_DSC0240.jpg

Some pics of my corals under them. Lost my stylo and monti undata due to issues that took a while to clear up but the rest of the stuff looks like it made it through ok. I have a little bubble algae that will be gone tonight. Thanks for lookin and I hope you enjoy them

_DSC0239.jpg

_DSC0236-1.jpg

_DSC0237-1.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: