• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
B U B B L E - M A G U S <-- click for website

I Thought it would be fun to start a BUBBLE-MAGUS club thread. I know alot of people on here own Bubble-Magus products, so lets here your reviews!

Bubble-Magus (or B-M) as most already know, is an amazing company with a very large, high grade product line selection. B-M is mostly knows for its premium made skimmers. their product line consists of 42, yes 42 different skimmers. Most popular choices would be the Nac 7 & Nac 6.

Even though their skimmers are what B-M is known for, alot do not know of their other products they manufacture. they also make dosing pumps, calcium reactor, Nitrate reductor, Reactors, Metal Reflector Pendents, water monitor and controller, DIY, additives, and Moonlight LEDS.

Batt600 has an awesome thread about modding a Nac 7.
Thread Located Here

oonycxwilloo also has a nice thread with unboxing pictures and videos of a Nac 7.
Thread Located Here

If you have every had any experience owning a Bubble-Magus product, or still own a Bubble-Magus product, tell us about it. show us some pictures. Any personal Mods you did to make it run better? Let us know your run down though about the product or products.

I personally own the NAC 7. I have owned it for a few months now and let me tell you. A+. Amazing. I am very happy i ended up choosing this skimmer. The bubbles are very fine and works great on a heavy loaded reef tank. Yet not only does it run great, but the design is very nice and sleek. Very happy with the results.

batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
Wow you did it . Ill post my mod on my NAC7 cone skimmer soon. Never mind i see you have a link to my mod.

Ok guys I have a NAC 7 cone skimmer and this thing is great . For the first 2 weeks this thing was pull some nasty stuff out ok my tank. But i always looking to make somthing performe better so i did a mod on my skimmer the link is on page 1 of what i did to the skimmer. Know this thing is a beast and pulls some really nasty stuff now. I am very happy with this mod and highly recommend any line of skimmer your looking for and at a good price.

Last edited:

batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
Should that not be copy line. Most of the skimmers are knock offs.

Look at all there skimmers and tell me what there copys of dont say swc because there cone skimmer were out before swc they just so happen to just come to the US .But were out years before that. So should i say vertex skimmers copyed euro reef skimmers then?

Last edited:

autoponicz

powered by MR
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
love my NAC7..
skimming away on my 20g with custom sump

IMG_2131.jpg

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
i have seen the nac3+ and that thing was incredible for the size. the bubbles that came out with SUPER fine and pulled out some much gunk that it was like a solid in the collection cup. the normal nac3 im sure is great though seeing every skimmer they make i have never heird a complaint yet. let me know if you get it, im interested to see how it does!

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
question. i ment to ask this before, but i think i either hooked my nac 7 up wrong or something is messed up. you know how on the top of says "off, 1,2,3,4,5, max" well mine is running backwards. when the white dot is on the max, it runs very low, and the more i turn it to the off, it turns up real high. here are 3 pictures of what i mean...

when the white dot is on the MAX like this...

b6e0246a.jpg

the collection cup has no bubbles going to the top...

122945bd.jpg

but when i turn the white dot to the OFF, it does this...

61f767fd.jpg

whats going on here? is this normal or did i do something wrong, or is something made on my model wrong? its always been like this, i just never cared because if i set it around the 3 level, it works fine. but i figured id ask and see what the heck is going on...

batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
question. i ment to ask this before, but i think i either hooked my nac 7 up wrong or something is messed up. you know how on the top of says "off, 1,2,3,4,5, max" well mine is running backwards. when the white dot is on the max, it runs very low, and the more i turn it to the off, it turns up real high. here are 3 pictures of what i mean...

Ok the way yours is seat up is the same as ming max is fully open and when you go to 1 thats fully closed I have ming set at 3.5 it all denpends what water hight your skimmer is in to . So you have to start from 5 and start closing it slowy tell you get the hight in the skimmer you want.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
So should i say vertex skimmers copyed euro reef skimmers then
there is no comparison, from build to quality, just like quality of the bm isnt anywhere the swc, i think for the money the bm is a good skimmer, but very flimsey built, just like the asm's were more of a er knock off but cheaply built with too think of materials, vertex and bk have been the best built skimmers ive owned and ive had around 19 skimmers now

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: