richardhmc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
You would need 2 full size SOLs mounted parallel to cover the length. I use 2 for a 39"x24"x24" size tank and I really need a 3rd.

mm okay.

Product Specifications:
- Recommended Tank Depth: up to 36" with proper placement of corals.
- Recommended Tank Width: up to 18" with proper placement of corals.

I got this from reefgeek.com regarding a sol nano.

assuming that the center brace cuts my 50 gallon 36 x 18 x 18 in half, then each section would be 18 x 18 x 18. So the sol nano still wouldn't be sufficient? it says that recommended tank depth is up to 18 inches

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
I can't see how those recommended specs could cover that amount of real estate given it's half the size of an SOL. My 102g is 3" shorter then your length and I have them mounted parallel and still have dim edges at 6" above the water surface. If I raise them much higher, there is too much light spill and the intensity also drops for the overall tank.
I guess if you mount them 12" to 14" above the water surface, it might work but will probably be weaker then a standard T5 setup.

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
mm okay.

Product Specifications:
- Recommended Tank Depth: up to 36" with proper placement of corals.
- Recommended Tank Width: up to 18" with proper placement of corals.

I got this from reefgeek.com regarding a sol nano.

assuming that the center brace cuts my 50 gallon 36 x 18 x 18 in half, then each section would be 18 x 18 x 18. So the sol nano still wouldn't be sufficient? it says that recommended tank depth is up to 18 inches

Call AI tech support. They will tell you that 2 nanos are not enough light.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: