settings.png

mainscreen.png

channel.png

control.png

strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
I plan on running a SFF cube for the tank software. I have one sitting in the closet. A wireless mouse and keyboard on a shelf next to the sump along with a spare 19" monitor mounted on the wall next to the sump should look pretty sweet and allow an even more impressive display of tank parameters than either the RK or the APEX ;)

strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
Built-in Ethernet
Integrated Ethernet port
Most advanced web server available
Interactive flash graphing application in the web server
Interfaces with AquaNotes iPhone application
Compatible with all Major web browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari)
Only aquarium controller with web server monitoring, control, and configuration

I see no reason it shouldn't be the same using the same App and such...........

btldreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
180   2   0
WHOA>>.. mine is way easier ...it remembers each time i open the app.
i can do it through my computer i don't have to type in username pass each time only if i access it through another computer.
btw i was at thesherm's house and i showed him how it worked so i turn the white lights off and literally 2 seconds later my wife texts me and asks if i just shut the lights off.

each usb port links to one module. your dc4 is where you modules will plug in. so display is one module. i think you are better off with the apex lite.

stargazr ... you have to buy the net module seperate. it connects to your home router correct???
well apex just plugs directly into your router. you use a dndns .... to access it.
on another computer i type in my website to my controller and it pops up no problems.

budddman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
So i did some homework. I priced each controller out with the functions i want....temp, ph, display, and net capabilities. Please anyone correct me if my figures are wrong.

Reef keeper lite
279.00 (comes with all probes i think)............plus 100 for the net module
Total 379

Reefkeeper elite
399.00....................plus 100 for the net mod
Total 499

Apex jr
149.........plus display (100)......plus pm1(75)....plus ph probe (50)....also will probly need more then the 4 outlets i get with this unit

Total 375....plus a dc8 possibly

Apex lite
369...........plus ph probe(50)...which may or may not come with this unit i wasnt able to find the answer to this

Total
419 if it doesnt come with ph probe

Please tell me am i right in my thinking?

So is it a no brainer to get the apex lite......i can control more modules with the lite over the junior....also the lite will provide me with a few extra programmable sockets.( i have skimmer, return pump, 2 cords for t5's,fuge light, moonlights, 2 vortechs , and a reactor pump)......yet i have no need for the added features of the full apex because i dont have dimmable lights.

appreciate any thoughts or opinions

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Reefs

btldreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
180   2   0
Apex lite all the way. I will just have to show you how easy this truly is.
Check tbaquatics.com for cheaper prices.

Btw notice how it's always someone selling there reefkeeper on the forums. Nobody ever sells an apex.
Makes ya think.....

Last edited:

strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
Neptune Systems
AquaController Apex Lite
Includes:
Apex Lite Base Unit
Temperature Probe
Apex Display Module
w/10' AquaBus Cable
EnergyBar 8
6' AquaBus cable

**The base unit includes software which is capable of monitoring pH, and temperature. The monitored data is continuously displayed on the large LCD display and also logged into the internal nonvolatile memory for later retrieval. All probes support digital calibration. Additional probes can always be added later with our probe modules (PM1, PM2, and PM3)**

The input is there but you will need the PH1 module and probe. About another $140 give or take..

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: