viplok

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I just purchased a geometric pygmy (aka high fin) perchlet. Here is a picture I found online:

IMG_3871.jpg

where you got this fish!? PM me bro sick looking thing.

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
A little update I added a six line wrasse and the replacement perchlet came. All are doing well but I am terribly saddened I couldn't find me helfrichi even after feeding mysis tonight. Well I just looked harder and he was dried up on the floor :( I have a top too but must have either gotten out a small gap (which I know they are prone to do) or during feeding. Not really sure but really sucks as that fish was so damn cool.

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I have an upgrade planned. Got a 20x20x14 Custom King AIO so basically 3" bigger. I am going to do another rack build but this one will be custom built by Dubs.

Last edited:

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Yeh algae is still a problem. I am convinced the rock is leaching phosphates. I have a skimmer, rubble rock, chaeto and running bio-pellets. I need to post some pics of my other anemone too.

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I don't c a phos reactor listed, maybe that'll help w the algae.
It got rid of all my HA after a few weeks. I also started carbon n microbacter 7 dosing not sure if that'll help w nitrates so far it hasn't.

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
The Geometric Pygmy Perchlet also known as the Hi Fin Perchlet is a rare find from the rubble zones of Cebu. They are within the Anthiinae subfamily along with many species of Anthias. However, the Geometric Pygmy Perchlets within the genus Plectranthias resemble hawkfishes more than Anthias. Their bodies are elongated with a high third dorsal spine followed by a banner-like flap. They are mottled in orange and white, and have very interesting green eyes. They feed upon zooplankton, and are a wonderful addition to a reef aquarium.

The Geometric Pygmy Perchlet is a reef inhabitant in the wild, occurring within the rubble zones and often found among plate corals (Fungia sp.). They require a saltwater aquarium of at least 30 gallons with plenty of live rock for hiding and feeding. They may become aggressive towards other bottom dwelling fish like gobies and blennies.

The Geometric Pygmy Perchlet's natural diet includes zooplankton, and they should be offered a variety of meaty foods including; vitamin enriched brine shrimp, mysis shrimp and small pieces of shrimp and fish.

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I can't seem to catch a break. I lost one of my helfrichi while my tank was temporarily being held during the move. Then when I moved the controller broke and my tank got really hot (normally heater is set a few degrees higher but I messed with it thinking it was the heater not controller). Now I got back from being away for the weekend and my heater broke and tank was very cold :(

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
So I managed to change out the heater but woke up and the tank was back down in the 60's. Think I lost my last helfrichi and my anemones look terrible. I feel like throwing in the towel!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: