Hello, I have an 85 gallon corner tank with the following dimensions, 46"L x 32"W glass height: 25". I would like to grow sps coral. What would work for me and how much would it cost?

We have two 92 Gallons in our office (dimensions 46"L x 34"W x 24"H)
We are using a 24" 800 Series on one and a 24" 600 Series on the other with amazing growth.
http://www.acanlighting.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=152

The 600 Series retails for $495 per foot and the 800 Series retails for $645 per foot.

I feel the 600 series will work for your tank and will have no problem growing SPS.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Last edited:

whispers

Advanced Reefer
Ok I have a 24x18x24 mostly lps and softies and I'm going from a MH 250w to the 18 inch 600 series .. What percentage ( how bright) should I keep the light on?
Do my corals have to acclimate to the new light
and how many hours a day ?
Moon lights how many hours

I would recommend running our default program which is a max of 80% for at least 2-3 weeks then you can bump it up 5% a week. Give us a call if you need any assistance on the setup. 631-993-3227

Ok I have a 24x18x24 mostly lps and softies and I'm going from a MH 250w to the 18 inch 600 series .. What percentage ( how bright) should I keep the light on?
Do my corals have to acclimate to the new light
and how many hours a day ?
Moon lights how many hours

rickytsui

We have a 175 in our office with similar dimensions. I would recommend 3- 600-18B This will give you the best coverage and the best price. Some of our retailers are selling the 600-18's for $599 instead of $742.50. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

which retailers is selling them at 599? i might go and buy one and check it out please pm me the info

What's the best light you recommend for 92 gal Bow front(L48",W18",H29") keeping mix reef a bit of everything.
Thanks

We have two 92 Gallons in our office (dimensions 46"L x 34"W x 24"H)
We are using a 24" 800 Series on one and a 24" 600 Series on the other with amazing growth.
http://www.acanlighting.com/index.ph...article&id=152

The 600 Series retails for $495 per foot and the 800 Series retails for $645 per foot.

I feel the 600 series will work for your tank and will have no problem growing SPS.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

walnuts24

Experienced Reefer
I want to light a 40 breeder (36" x 18" x 16"). I noticed that your 18" model was on sale. That is at the top of my price range so will that suffice for lighting or would I need the 24" model?

I noticed that a LFS has a 57gal (which has the same footprint) and they had the 24" model, I just don't have the money to do this.

Thanks,

Paul

crox99

Audi Sport
I want to use your fixtures over a 300 g tank 72x36x27. Which units would you suggest? It will be a mix reef with mostly sps and lps. Thanks.

neptune

i had the 800 24" very pleased exept for the whites it made the tank very yellowish no matter what...what kalvin of white light is that...and are you ever gonna change it....

new to the forums, tons of info. I have a 29gal cube running since nov. puchased the 600-18 and couldn't be happier. fully programable. only running @ 60% 8hrs. going slow. small colony of star polyps, a small colt coral and a pair of clowns. everything is thriving

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: