jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Lol..it looks like you have your work cut out for you..you know members here love perfection so I would go with drilling too.. :)
Scape looks nice so far..u have a ton of nice corals so replacing some of the rocks with the corals is a great idea..
Having it drilled will really tidy things up in there. I'd want to but some of my previous corals are not doing too well so that will have to do for now.
Maybe I'll have it drilled in the future the next time I reset this tank up if we move apartments.

Tank coming along nicely. Im having issues with my mp10 kicking up sand- had to dial it down and add another pump on the opposite end. I went with fine sand don't make the same mistake.
It is a little too late for me as I already bought the caribsea sand long ago. Now the mp10 kicks the sand from the right side of tank. I used the koralia nano in the meantime to keep things flowing on the left side.
I'll try to fix the mp10 settings and see what works so I can remove the koralia when I get the sump running.

Here are some new shots of the tank flooded with the old rocks and corals added.
P1110983.jpg

P1110980.jpg

P1110981.jpg

P1110982.jpg

Sump is still not running though.
I'll be hooking things up in a few days.

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
nice setup jeff glad the rock work out for u bro if u need a bulkhead lmk i have a few extra and when u get that fuige up and running i got u on a macro pack to get the thing fill great job on the build keep up the good work

james1990

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
awesome build. very sleek and modern great job. im only a month into the hobby with a 9gal eheim rimless. I would like to try my hand at a fuge/sump system if thats what they are called? trying to learn what i can before i get into a larger tank.

not trying to jack the thread, your DIY tank looks great, thought someone can point me to some good info on building one for a nano?

thanks. Keeping tabs on this build for sure looks great!

jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Thanks guys.
Dubs the rocks really worked great on the tank. Thanks again.
The gsp variant I was telling you about is the frag near the chromis. Not really a good pic though. I'll bring it when I give you the bucket back this week.

james1990 It's just a regular 5.5 gallon tank with acrylic baffles(glass would be better though)
I just copied sump plans on some sump plan pics I googled up.

Ole Pukey

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
The sand storms are a PITA. I added small pieces of LR on the MP10 side and its been helping. Im now able to run it at 40% on reef mode. Ive been trying to get in contact with a guy on N-R that builds MP10 shields but i don't think he makes them anymore. If i find out anything else Ill let you know.

Attachments

• LS12aqua.jpg
    LS12aqua.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 1,419

jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
I always end up raking the sand at the end of the day on the mp10 side.
I think the shield by glazer prevents the pump to suck in air when placed too high.
I tried different levels on the pump and even after placing it too high very near my water line, it stil messes up with the sand.
I have mine on pulse mode on up to 4 led's lit up.

jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
I already took out the koralia. I just love the pulse wave action of the mp10. I'll try to cover the spot where the sand is lifted off with rubble.
So far the light seems to be doing good. the zoas seem more compact. I put in a birdsnest in there and will see how it fares under the lights.

Last edited:

jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
A little update on the tank.
The frogspawn seems to be bouncing back but unfortunately 2 heads didn't make it.
P1120082.jpg

I tried some bird's nest frag and it seems to be loving the light.
Polyps are more extended than in this pic.
P1120079.jpg

I got a couple of new inhabtants to add to the current last monday from Maximum reef in Mt. Vernon.
Great prices on their fishes.
Here are the Banggai Cardinal and 6 line Wrasse I got from them.
P1120090.jpg

Unfortunately I found the wrasse dead this afternoon and still wondering why that happened while all the others are doing great in the tank.
It was doing well a few days and was eating and flashing around the tank.
I was looking for it today and found it on the bottom of the sand.:frown:
I might get another one in the future as it really brightens up the tank.

Last edited:

jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Hey allmotor,. is it the tank you want?
Definitely nice dimensions on this one.

Anyway here is an FTS and some other random shots on the tank.
I also got in a school of tiny green chromis and this will be some sort of a grow out tank for them.
P1120209.jpg

Mushroom corner
P1120224.jpg

Center Island
P1120223.jpg

Ric Garden to be.
P1120219.jpg

jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
nice tank is coming bro keep up the good work
Thanks man. Sorry to hear your shutting down your 11g but now you can devote all your time to the beast. :D

Wow amazing rock work jeff each rock work looks like a small island in the tank lol
Thanks. It took me few tries before I came up with that scape during initial set up.

wow jeff,
Tank doesn't look like a nano. lol.
Looking great.
Hey Perry thanks again for the salt and bagels too. Been having it for breakfast and snacks for a couple of days.:biggrin:
The dimensions of the tank really do make it look bigger than it really is.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: