jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Looks like your looking into something not nano anymore on that 250. :)
That overflow is really hard to find here in the US and if they are available, they are twice the original price.

While I'm at it, here are some new additions in tank.
28A8F008.jpg
1C6C4A66.jpg

Last edited:

Koyfam16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Very nice!! You can only stay small for so long. What I like about nanos is how easy it is to care for. My water changes are like 15-20 mins..
My AIO is going through the whole brown, now green algae..so looks kind of ugly right now..but hopefully coraline takes over soon.

jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Lol I just realized that now.
The double bright version seems to put these tanks in high light for planted.
The reef bright will be a bit extreme for this tank unless you hang the fixture really high.
You could go with the double bright beamswork version or a 2 t5ho fixture if you plan a high tech tank.

Last edited:

FlyTekk

KISS KeepItSimpleStupid
Rating - 98.6%
139   2   0
I dont know much about what diffferntiates high tech and low tech. I know i want a thick mat of "HC" plant (tear drop plant) on the bottom and will use fertilized gravel. I dont want to get the beamsworks reefbrite and its too much light then i have algae growth,.

jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
High tech means having a pressurized co2 system, reactor, High light and ferts dosing.
HC will definitely benefit from that. They do great (well for those who have grown them) in such set ups. I personally had no luck growing them.
There are some 12long tank threads on tpt with Hc mats in them. You can probably replicate the set ups for good Hc growth.

Looks like beamswork has no double bright version on aquatraders.

Last edited:

jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Hi folks. Just a little tweak on the tank looks as we can never have enough things to do with our tanks.:wink1:
Got a good deal on some boostled kits so I decided to change my beamswork reefbright lights to the boostled lamps for a more cleaner look.
Plus I also get to view from the open top which was blocked by the beamswork before.
Now I got to find some moonlighting solution that would blend in with the par bulbs. I'm thinking of one of those LEDtric moonpop lamps that clamps neatly onto the par lamps.
Here is a not so good phone pic of the new look.
4DC258BB.jpg

Last edited:

jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Thanks Angelo.
JonnyJ is correct. Those are the boostled par30 leds and boostled reef lamp clamp.
Also try to check on LEDtric as they also have similar gooseneck fixtures for their par 38's.

Last edited:

jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
It puts out a decent amount of gunk but this has more of a wet skimmate. Kinda like a dark colored tea in the collection cup that I empty out every 3 days.
Not sure if I got it tuned in right or I might need to fine tune it a little bit more. It seems to be doing the job but I know there are better nano skimmers around. For the price I got it though I couldn't complain about it.

Last edited:

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Nice touch, i am thinking of getting the actinic attachment too. I just dont know if its worth it, its almost the same price of the bulb.

Do you think their is another alternative.

Love the new look man. Good work

jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Hey D how's it going?
I was actually thinking the same if moonpops are really worth it at $59 and at the price I hope 1 unit would do for my tank.
It seems it has good reviews over NR and most of LEDtric's stuff has good reviews about them.
I missed out on their 4th of july sale when they had 20% off on all their items.

Another option might be the R2 moonlight leds? But I have to find a way to make it blend in the boostled design.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: