jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Thanks Jeremy and Bruno.
Here's a somewhat clearer FTS of the set up.
P1120608.jpg

jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Update time!
I finally finished up adding some moonlights to the tank.
A downside with the par bulbs is not having a moonlight function.
I initially considered getting a couple of moonpop by ledtric but the clip on bar seems to mess up the clean look of a goosneck fixture.
I decided to just add a couple of goosnecks and got the 4 watt 60degree blue LEDs from ebay to match the par30 bulbs I have installed.
Well enough blabbering and let me go straight to the pics.
Ebay 4watt blue bulbs
7283C4F2.jpg

All lights on
E3F3A557.jpg

Moonlights on
5E6C1301.jpg

These bulbs are surprisingly bright and cheap too.
Gives a nice pop to the corals too.
Now just to see how long they last.

Last edited:

jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Thanks man.

Now we all know that no matter how small a set up is, there is always something to tweak here and there.
I modified my sump's fuge to a fuge/frag rack so I can hide the clutter from the DT.
I crushed up the live rock in my fuge to make them fit in my eggcrate basket.
I was surprised at how little space that chunk can take when it was blasted to pieces.
I also installed 2 3w 30deg optics bulbs from ebay with 2blue/1 6500k white to light up the fuge part.
Without further ado, here are a few pics.
FSS(Full Sump Shot)
6276E0E3.jpg

Front fuge/frag rack
74C06F2E.jpg

Top (front frag rack with LR under, back part chaeto/macro)
34CC7227.jpg

Last edited:

Cryersen

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Jeffvmd let me check out this setup this past weekend. I was pretty impressed on how flawless, pristine, and legit his setup is. Everything from the custom pvc plumbing, to the neat fuge frag rack looked pretty awesome. What even amazes me even more was how he took advantage of a simple 12 gallon rimless tank and made it into an ultimate masterpiece. Every inch of this tank is covered with beautiful corals. Kinda makes me wanna invest into a large rimless tank eventually, but I'll hold off until the future.
Props again to Jeffvmd. Keep in touch

-Curt

jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Cryersen- Thanks for the kind words.
Let me know when that pico of yours is ready. I'll have a few frags for you.
When you will be setting up that planned upgrade don't hesitate to call me up.
I'll gladly help you out with that one.
Good luck with college man.
How'd the move go?

Last edited:

Cryersen

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Np Jeffvmd! Sorry for the late reply, been busy running around everywhere getting stuff ready in my apartment. Aside from unpacking my overpacked car and cleaning the hell out of my apartment, the move went ok. I'll post pictures of my current tank status and apartment room setup when I have a chance sometime this weekend. Thanks, I'll swing by for a small frag when I have break in 2-3 weeks. Keep in touch!

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
I'm doing the same in my sump... Lol great minds think alike. I'm gonna us a par 38 from my office tank i took down. I like the extra goose nets u got. They look very neat, where did u pick then up? I wanna see if I get that combo too!!

jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Angelo - It's actually a frankenstand.
I used 2 different storage cabinets and a 2 36" shelves to have the stand made.
Here is a not so good angled pic. It's a bit hard to take a good front pic as this tank is in a corner.
CD7D711B_zpsc6f6c5d1.jpg

Here are links to the parts used to build it.
http://store.closetmaid.com/webapp/...ory_rn=10062&categoryId=10169&productId=10516
http://store.closetmaid.com/webapp/...ory_rn=10062&categoryId=10169&productId=10521
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...maid+shelf&storeId=10051&superSkuId=203146149

dherrera - Lol. With the limited real estate we have in our tanks, we gotta think of ways to keep our DT clean.
Every inch count in our builds.
The gooseneck are by boostled. I got them used though from another MR member.
Wingo says he is going to have some goosnecks coming but based on the pics he sent it seems to fall too short at around 10" length.
It seems it wouldn't work if you are to attach them on the rim.
As for the bulbs I got the blues from ebay. This will work for moonlighting your tank if placed inside the shade you have on your lamps.
It is a cheap moonlighting solution which might work in your set up.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: